Video conferencing applications record in situations where you cannot be physically present, whether you are working from home or trying to distance yourself socially. These applications made it easy to communicate with a large number of people on a single screen. You can feel connected and do your work simultaneously without feeling lost.
One thing to keep in mind when using a video conferencing application is data security and user privacy. Millions of people use Zoom, but there have been cases of Zoom bombing and trolling violations. People have complained that they no longer feel safe with Zoom, so they are looking for alternatives. We have included the three best apps that you and your family or colleagues can use instead of Zoom.
Alternatives to the Zoom app
News highlights are littered with meeting disruption when zoomed in by trolls and hackers. This has made users very cautious about their security and data security. Some of the big companies like SpaceX, NASA, and Google have banned the use of Zoom for meetings. For users looking for Zoom alternatives, we have compiled the top three conferencing apps.
You can choose between Google Meet, TeamViewer, and UberConference with additional security features and functions to protect your data. About 300 people can join a Google meeting to receive great announcements. TeamViewer provides convenient access for sharing screens and controls in the live meeting. In UberConference, you can create video calls directly without the need for a PIN code.
Google offers one of the most popular videos conferencing apps with high definition video and sound quality. The application offers the user a secure connection and the freedom to connect with up to 250 people during a meeting, depending on the version they are using. It is convenient to use and understand while taking into account the privacy of users. The user can join the meeting after logging into their Google account to enhance security.
- This feature allows the user to read and understand with automatic real-time captions powered by Google speech. For now, it is available in English.
- Users can join a Google meeting from any device they use. The application is widely compatible with Android, as well as with iPhone / iPad.
- You can preview your video and check the audio before joining a meeting. This will help you configure your camera and microphone to make sure they look presentable. The app also gives you information about people who have already joined the meeting.
Adjust layouts and display
- The app has automatic settings to change active participants and content to save time.
- You can deactivate or delete any participant at any time. To preserve the confidentiality of users, only he or she can activate the sound of their audio.
- You can share your screen for presentations or collaborate with attendees.
- You can send messages, share live files and links in the workgroup with all participants. Please note that messages are only activated during the meeting.
- A large number of participants.
- Safe and secure with a Google account.
- Playable live audio plays.
- Audio and video preview.
- Blurry images and whiteboards can sometimes be blurry.
- You cannot join meetings with one click.
- Missing highlighter or pen to write.
- Video and audio delays.
UberConference is a high definition video and audio application that allows users to participate in meetings anywhere, anytime. It has a voice recognition function to focus on an active voice to reduce any delay.
The host can instantly create a conference without a PIN code and share the URL. Contacts can be selected on the fly to scheduling a meeting. It can accommodate up to 100 calls at a time. Contact verification can be done via social media for added security.
- The user can create instant and scheduled video conferences.
- The organizer does not need a PIN code to participate in meetings. It is a cloud-based conferencing application that does not require a connection. The user must click on the meeting URL. Conferences can also be recorded simultaneously in the meeting.
Integration of social media
- Users can view participants’ social media profiles like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+. It is a unique feature for meeting participants and communicating.
- Clear voice recognition.
- Record lectures.
- Additional controls
- Conferences at any time.
- File a call.
- Echo problems with audio.
- Problems with direct URL
TeamViewer is a perfect solution for working with your colleagues during a video meeting and also for sharing your screen. You can easily communicate with your teammates in TeamViewer from any device. Screen sharing and accessibility features can be helpful while you work.
The application offers different packages for commercial use. However, the basic functionality of the conference is available in the free version. A number of 15 participants can have a meeting together in a free version. This amount can be increased to 300 to reach only $ 19 / month billed annually.
- TeamViewer is a cross-platform application that works on all devices such as Android, iPhone and desktop.
- The application is predominant in the screen sharing function which allows users to have presentations of audio and video calls.
Record the call
- Users can record timestamped calls for future use and reference.
- The host has various controls such as highlighting or drawing on the screen for live sharing in meetings. In addition, the host can assign different roles to the participant.
- You can customize the TeamViewer package according to the number of members of your team. The app was recently updated with Blizz by TeamViewer with plans starting at $ 6 / month.
- Free for non-commercial use.
- Safe and secure functions.
- Customer technical support.
- Remote access to users everywhere.
- File sharing during meetings.
- Expensive packages for business use.
- Large files cannot be shared.
- Delays in the application.
- Inaccessible to proxy servers.
- Lack of versatility.